Europcar Mobility Group has been Europe’s leading car rental provider for almost 70 years and one of the major players in the mobility sector. As a car rental company, Europcar built the fundamentals of the usage and sharing economies into its core business – mobility – a long time ago.
Europcar Mobility Group operates through multi brands meeting every customer specific needs; its 4 major brands being:Europcar® – the European leader in vehicle rental services, Goldcar® – the most important low-cost car-rental company in Europe, InterRent® – ‘mid-tier’ brand focused on leisure and Ubeeqo® – a European company specializing in fleet and mobility solutions for both the business and the end-customers market.
LE POSTE / LES MISSIONS
- Work with the COP to define and implement best practices, standards, and procedures for ensuring an optimal balance between engineering excellence and delivery performance.
- Define, give visibility and follow up on engineering quality metrics and push the COP towards engineering excellence
- Ensure that COP is following code review practices and strive towards collective code ownership and keeping technical debt to a minimum.
- Ensure that the COP is following the best testing strategies and there are no regressions on the code coverage percentage.
- CODE! Collaborate in horizontal components, tooling and help wherever possible.
- Management/People responsibilities
- Be servant leaders to COP (Community of Practice)
- Approve knowledge training for his community stack.
- Guide and follow up on career movements for engineers.
- Leading the hiring process, ensuring that only the best talent (attitude + tech skills) join your teams.
- Keep constant contact with the engineers to assess their company and team engagement and take actions when needed.
- Have frequent communication with Squad TL, PO and TTL to get engineers performance feedback and keep an updated understanding of the developer context.
- Have salary conversations with developers framed on the group HR policy.
- Set aligned qualitative OKR for the COP (to be done with the COP team).
- Work with TTL to ensure that Squad Tech leads are serving the squad and driving deliveries.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE :
- At least 6 years of backend development experience
- At least 2 years managing people for example as a Tech Lead
- Development experience in Go is a plus
- Good knowledge of some the following technologies: Git, Sonar, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with TDD, ATDD, BDD
- Experience with CI/CD systems (Gitlab-ci /Jenkins)
- A first experience within an international environment would be a plus
- Understanding of microservices, REST and event-driven architectures
- Knowledge of Kafka, Redis and/or MongoDB is a plus
- Working in a collaborative team environment using tools like JIRA (is a plus) and Git (mandatory)
- Written and verbal proficiency in English
EDUCATION LEVEL / CERTIFICATES :
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in IT or related fields
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS :
- Proactivity on technical solutions and its improvements
- Honesty and engagement values
- Creative force
- Capacity to audit, analyse and recommend
- Good communication skills
- Teamwork mindset