OPEN MOBILITY. FOR YOU.
Europcar Mobility Group has been Europe’s leading car rental provider for almost 70 years and one of the major players in the mobility sector. As a car rental company, Europcar built the fundamentals of the usage and sharing economies into its core business – mobility – a long time ago.
Europcar Mobility Group operates through multi brands meeting every customer specific needs; its 4 major brands being: Europcar® – the European leader in vehicle rental services, Goldcar® – the most important low-cost car-rental company in Europe, InterRent® – ‘mid-tier’ brand focused on leisure and Ubeeqo® – a European company specializing in fleet and mobility solutions for both the business and the end-customers market.
LE POSTE / LES MISSIONS
Job assignments :
Helping to design, build and extend large scale, distributed systems related to ingesting, processing, storing and serving time series data, including:
- Deliver value to users, from the conception of the solution to the production deployment.
- Influence the product requirements operational plans.
- Write detailed technical specifications.
- Collaborate in the architectural decision making and implement solutions to challenging problems of consistency and availability, short and long transactions, latency, caching, indexing, throughput, proxies and asynchronous processing with message queues.
- Contribute to level up the quality of code with meaningful code review
Skills for the position :
- 2+ years experience designing, implementing and operating large scale distributed systems
- Inside-out knowledge of database, data store systems and message queue. (MongoDB, Redis, BigTable, Kafka)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write detailed technical documents.
- Skilled at architecture: Solid understanding of distributed systems architecture - load balancing, data consistency and performance/efficiency constructs.
- Passion for growing as a team by inspiring and mentoring junior engineers.
- Passion for driving continual improvement initiatives on engineering standard
methodologies like coding, testing or monitoring.
- Ability to identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Strong knowledge of software design principles
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum)
Bonus Points :
- Inside-out knowledge of container orchestration. (Kubernetes)
- Experience building meaningful monitoring dashboards (Grafana + Prometheus)
- Knowledge of benefits and disadvantages of enterprise design patterns
- Experience with OOP languages and Rich Domain Modeling
- Experience with structured decision making